OpenDataLab Beca Web

OpenDataLab grant for developing apps based on open data

The Data Apps grant aims to facilitate the access of a person unemployed to the Developer Data Apps Certificate, a specialized training in this area of high employability. This grant, with only one place, covers 80% of the amount of the certificate. The beneficiary will have to assume the remaining 20% (400 euros).

Full details about the grant will be provided on Thursday April 6 at 6:30 p.m. at Citilab during the presentation of OpenDataLab. The same day you can participate in the free workshop “The value of opening the data of my organization” by Carlos Cuffí, director of programs of the Mobile World Capital Barcelona. Registration is open.

Requirements for participation in the Data Apps Grant

In order to be eligible for the Data Apps grant, you must reside in one of the municipalities of the Metropolitan Area of Barcelona (list of municipalities), and fulfill the following requirements:

  • To be able to take these certificates must have basic knowledge of object-oriented programming (preferably Java)
  • Developing in Android requires knowledge of any operating system
  • To develop in iOS requires knowledge of the operating system OS X (Mac)
  • The basic module is required to complete the advanced module

Granting criteria for the Data Apps grant:

  • Maximum use of the training received
  • Have sufficient knowledge to be able to take this training, acquire the skills to become an application developer and improve employability
  • Motivation for attending the certificate
  • Be clear about what you can contribute to training in Developer Data Apps

To apply for the grant, you must complete this form, which can be answered until April 24 at 3 p.m. The list of scores will be published on the Open Data Barcelona Initiative website on Friday April 21 and the Data Apps Scholarship will be assigned according to the approved procedure.

OpenDataLab is a Citilab and the Open Data Barcelona Initiative project that is created to promote the reuse of open data. From here, we want to disseminate, train and promote data-based entrepreneurship, and generate social and economic opportunities with this new raw material, data.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search